Friday, July 31, 2009

Claire is 9 Months!

Daddy playing with Claire in her pink car.


Claire and I were playing with her cousin Nora.


Claire and I posing by her 9 month Ice Cream Birthday Cake from Grandma McKinney


Claire eating some ice cream cake. Does this make me a bad Mom that I let her have some cake at 9 months?

Claire at the Surfside Restaurant with Grandpa Dalrymple while Chad and I were out of town for the weekend.


Claire continues to amaze us and her doctors with her development. She had 2 great doctors visits this week with her Pediatrician and Neurologist. She weighs 16 lbs 10 oz, which is in the 13th percentile and is 26.5 inches tall (17th percentile). She has had a sore throat from what we think was a viral infection and had stopped drinking milk for a few days. Thank goodness she loves baby food and solid foods. I think right now her favorite foods are Cheerios/Puffs, yogurt, and anything that we are eating or drinking. Oh yah, she also likes Dairy Queen ice cream cakes too, but who doesn't. I learned from our new neurologist, Dr Rhonda Wright, that we need to look at Claire's language development and not motor skills to see how her brain is compensating from her earlier head trauma. So far she is doing great with her language and motor skills for her age. She can army crawl and inch worm herself about 5 ft. She can almost pull herself to stand and likes to jump out of your arms when you are holding her. It is amazing to look back and see how far Claire has come!

No comments: