




Our MRI on Friday ended up going well. They did not have to reintubate her for it. The doctors told me to feed her right before she went down and hopefully she would just sleep right through it. This deep sleep on a full belly is what I call her "milk coma." So I started to feed her about 8:15 and the transport team came early and were rushing us. They took her down to the basement where the MRI machine is in a little red wagon which at the time I did not even think about it shaking her up a bit. We put her on the MRI table and started to strap her in and about a minute after the test started we could see her blanket moving that indicated she was fussing. When they wheeled her back out of the machine you could see that she had thrown up all over her face. I was kinda panicked and thought that they were going to kick us out and tell us to come back at another time. So I quickly cleaned her face up and tried my hardest to calm her down. They put her back in the machine and resumed the testing, so I said a little prayer while I was watching her monitor and noticed it looked like a sleeping heart rate a couple minutes into the test. When they wheeled her out about half way through to add the contrast through her line, I noticed she was in a deep sleep and looked relaxed. So she did end up sleeping through the majority of the almost 40 minute test. I was so relieved and proud of her. Now it was the most nerve racking part of my day waiting for the results. We heard from out main Neurologist and he always gives us these doom and gloom results. I will spare you the details of the "footprints of damage that her hemorrhaging has left behind." Then our Neurology Surgeon who consults with us said this MRI was even better than the last because the head was stable and the blood had started to absorb and heal. Our cardiologist had said to us despite what the Neurologist had said we should remain positive because he has followed another patient of his with a grade 4 head hemorrhaging and she is doing perfect and never experienced problems neurologically. Our Cardiac Surgeon Dr. Hammel told us that cardiac wise Claire looks great and he will put us on the schedule for surgery mid to late next week. He said he won't be able to give us an exact date until Monday.

2 comments:
We missed you on Sat.We did talk about a phone call on speaker to designate you"five golden rings" !!
Glad to hear that it sounds like the green light is in order for surgery-wonderful news.Claire looks adorable on the new pics-can't wait to see her again!We continue to remember you in prayers and thoughts - this is a big week for Claire. God Bless her and be with her this week. Love Morrie and Pat
We are thinking about you guys and hope everything is going well! Keep us posted, we'll be back to Omaha soon and would love to visit again.
Post a Comment