




Claire had been doing very well since her Stent Procedure and has been off of her Prostaglandin Medicine since Thursday. Saturday was a big day to again try to wean her and test her ability to thrive off of her ventilator. She was extubated around 1:30 and for the first few hours was doing very well. This time she was taking larger breaths and her oxygen saturation levels were very strong and stable. Claire had some issues keeping her upper lobes in her lungs clear and we could tell by watching her lactaid levels that she was working too hard to keep her breaths up on her own. We didn’t want to stress her body and heart out before surgery so she was re-intubated around 7:30 tonight. It was great to hold her and see her coherent again for such a long time without her ventilator. The doctors and nurses say that she still has some narrowing in her aorta outside of where her stent is and if she had already had surgery we could test her a little longer but again she needs to preserve her energy. So we will give it some more time before we test her again. We still have no exact time scheduled for her surgery but hope within the next week to get a better idea. Chad and I were able to help give her a bath and she is still adorable even with her ventilator!

5 comments:
Chad Mindy and of course Claire:
Talked to Julie this afternoon and she said that the vent was out-just wish that Claire could be strong enough to do w/out it-but know that it is important for her to preserve her strength right now.
She is just so cute-I so enjoy seeing pictures and reading updates.If I don't see updates-I am either emailing Julie or calling! Take Care-I know how hard it must be to wait and wait-but just think how far she has come since her admission!We continue to send good thoughts and prayers your way! Love Ya Morrie and Pat
Hi Guys-
Talked with Julie last week so have been keeping up with all of Claire's latest happenings. Sure see a mommy and daddy who love their little girl! We love having the pics and updates to see what's new so just wanted to let you know how much it is appreciated. We hope you get the best Christmas present ever this year--Baby Claire home and that is our wish for you! Love from Colorado, Mike, Peg and Daniel
It was sooo great to see you guys and your little Claire! Can't wait to see you again, and hope that she gets strong enough to give it another go! I know she will!
Hi, you guys don't know me, but I feel like I know you... I am Carly's cousin Nicole, I think I have met Mindy before for big family things. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know how much my thoughts and prayers are with you, Claire seems to have such a strong soul, such a fighting spirit, that I just know she will come out of this okay. Lots of prayers and hugs of encouragement, --Nicole.
You two are such amazing and strong parents. I enjoy reading about Claire and seeing all your pictures. She is just beautiful! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope Claire continues to get stronger and healthier! Love, Kali
Post a Comment