



Claire is doing great and as of Monday night they moved us up to the 5th Floor which is called Intermediary Care Room 503. It is less critical than the Intensive Care and they were getting too full on the 2nd floor, so with us being the healthiest patient we did not put up much of a fight. The 5th floor does come with some additional perks such as a room with a view of the Tree of Lights on 90th & Dodge, more organization,Chad’s favorite upgraded indirect lighting, and my favorite a huge bathroom with our own shower! Sunday night they had us try to breastfeed for the first time since her admittance and she did great. We have to use a nipple shield to help her latch on but the doctors and nurses seemed impressed with her abilities. She is doing well with feedings every three hours anywhere from 5-30 minutes depending on how sleepy she is. They took away her TPN and Lipids on Monday afternoon/evening and she is now solely on breast milk for nutrition, this should also help her Jaundice clear up faster. We have an MRI on Friday which will determine when our surgery will be, it is still a possibility for early next week. I included a picture where Claire was trying to see if she can feed off of daddy and another of Great Aunt Julie bottle feeding.

5 comments:
Hooray!You must be thrilled to move up!I have to say-Claire is beautiful-what a cutie!She is amazing.We will miss you Saturday-but all three of you will be in our thoughts that is for sure.
Thank God things are going well-I know it has been a long scary road for all of you-God Bless you for your Endurance. Love Morrie & Pat
So happy you made it to the 5th floor! I hope Thanksgiving was great. Take care. I'll be thinking about you.
-Nurse Katie
So happy that you have moved to a regular floor. Claire is so beautiful and so blessed to have the parent's that she has. God Be With You All..The Jorgensen's/Wolf's
Chad and Mindy I just have to look on the blog every day-makes me smile!Claire is so darn cute-
she is an amazing little girl-and won't be a bit spoiled!!! She deserves to be that is for sure-what a little miracle. Just had to say hi-have a good good day!
Pat
OMG Chad and Mindy...Claire get more beautiful each day. I love the picture of wee little hungry Claire in Daddy's arms!
Keep pushing forward and stay strong. You are all where He wants you to be...God bless you,
Dave & Cecelia
Post a Comment